Friday, July 29, 2016

Happy Birthday Teresa!

Mornin' hens!  
Yes I know, I've been pretty quiet for some time now huh?  Well, I decided to take a little time away from blogging so I could focus on ME!  While I do LOVE card making, the fun sort of ends up getting lost when it becomes expected of you.  So, I've decided IF I do make a card, it will only be for birthdays, at least for this year anyway.  Once I retire, I may make more then.  But for now, I'm trying to eat better, exercise more and focus on feeling GOOD about myself.  And you know what?  I DO!!  I've lost 17lbs and I feel fantastic!  Anyhoo, enough about me and onto today's card. 

Today is my sister Teresa's birthday.  She's 60!!  Whoa!!!!  She's gonna love that I said that!  Ha-ha!  I couldn't think of a more appropriate stamp then this one, right?  OMG, is she a hoot or what? Who am I kidding, she sort of looks like me when I wake up!!  Pfffft!  


I stamped the image onto some PTI speckled cardstock and colored her with my Copics and Prismacolor pencils.  I cut the image out using my Nestabilities oval die and before removing the die, sponged some chalk ink around the edges.  You can see a tutorial of this technique HERE.  Then I cut a scalloped frame from some cute DP and mounted the image to it using foam tape.  I printed the sentiment using my FABULOUS Canon printer and adhered it to some coordinating DP with two small brads.  To finish, I tied some pink and white baker's twine around the card base and added some shine to her coffee cup with a Gelly Roll pen.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a FABULOUS Friday!!  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:




4 comments:

  1. Yes, it has been quite some time since we saw a card from you. This is adorable. Love the image and papers. Great job.
    Congrats on losing the 17 lbs. and doing things that make you feel better about you. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sister's BD card. I am very happy to hear 60 is not old! As I will be 60 this December! Congrats on the weight lose. I am 51 down. 1/3 of the way to goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you gave us a new card to look at and I really like this one. It sure looks like me in the mornings. I know your Sister will love it. Congratulations on the weight loss. You look fantastic. YFMIL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! And I love the sentiment you used.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!